|Salary||Modern Apprenticeship – £17,642 – £19,982|
|Hours||Around 37.00 per week|
|Closing Date||27 November 2017 at midnight|
|Employment Type||Modern Apprenticeship|
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Former Scottish Government Modern Apprentices are not eligible to apply.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to both the Social Security Agency Implementation stakeholder engagement work and the Local Delivery Leads.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
• To work collaboratively with the Agency Implementation Stakeholder Engagement Lead to create and maintain a stakeholder engagement plan.
• To provide administrative support to the Agency Implementation Stakeholder Engagement Lead during the development and delivery of stakeholder training sessions.
• Regularly conduct reviews of the stakeholder lists, ensuring that the information remains accurate and up to date.
• Provide support during a research exercise for local authorities, this will include administrative support as well as information gathering.
• Manage the travel arrangements for the Local Delivery Leads. This includes booking travel and accommodation. This also includes ensuring urgent matters are actioned and that relevant papers are ready for use ahead of meetings.
• Arrange car hire and hospitality for colleagues and act as a requisitioner for any such orders through the Scottish Government’s electronic ordering and payment system.
What will I learn?
Qualification – Throughout the first 12 months of your post, you will be required to achieve a Business Administration SVQ Level 2 Qualification (equivalent to a National 5). Training will be provided by an external assessor who will work with and support you.
Full training will be provided on all internal system & processes. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your administrative and communication skills.
What qualification or qualities are required?
You should read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills – this should be clearly written on your CV.
• ability to work effectively and flexibly as a member of a team.
• ability to manage your time effectively, with appropriate support
• be IT literate with good verbal and written communication skills’
Communications and Engagement
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, please submit a CV via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Michael McLafferty Michael.email@example.com or 03002441295.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0131 244 3963 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.