Speirs Gumley is a successful Property Management business with nearly 200 years of history in the management of property throughout Scotland. They are based locally at Shawfield, Rutherglen, operating from the new Red Tree Magenta building.
Currently, Speirs Gumley employ 70 members of staff to manage their 28,000 customers and they are now looking for a hard working, conscientious young school leaver (or considering leaving) with an appetite for learning who can grow with the business to become an experienced member of the team.
They are offering a full time position in their Operations team for an Admin/Ops/Accounts Assistant.
Full training will be provided. See below for some further information:
As Admin/Ops/Accounts Assistant, you will undertake the following duties:
- Process client payments (phone) via in-house computer system.
- Deal with client account queries (phone/email).
- Update the client database as required.
- Set up direct debits on client accounts and issue confirmation letters.
- Liaise with internal repairs/inspection/credit control teams.
- Process contractor invoices for payment.
- Check quarterly client invoices for accuracy.
- Engage with Solicitors when flats are sold and write ‘sales letters’.
Some of the key requirements for this position are:
- Excellent work ethic.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Confident and respectful when working with others.
- Good telephone manner.
- Aptitude for learning.
- Good written skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to manage tasks with minimal supervision.
If you have recently left school, or are considering leaving, and you feel you have the above requirements and want to investigate this position further, speak with Mr McCarthy to take it to the next stage.