South Lanarkshire Council are currently advertising Modern Apprenticeships in Early Years and Childcare. See below:
Early Learning and Childcare is a career where the rewards of working with babies, young children and their families, are an everyday event. If you are interested in working with young children, helping to make a difference to their lives and develop their skills, while learning about the world around them; then the Early Learning and Childcare Apprenticeship Programme could be for you.
South Lanarkshire Council have Nursery Classes in local primary schools and Early Learning and Childcare Centres throughout South Lanarkshire. Our aim is for our children to become “Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Responsible Citizens and Effective Contributors.”
Modern Apprentices will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of Early Learning and Childcare as well as gain an understanding of current guidance for working with children. This includes Child Health and Development, Curriculum for Excellence, Together We Can and We Will, Building the Ambition and the Value of Play.
Examples of what Modern Apprentices do:
- Encourage and support children’s development through a variety of play activities
- Provide a range of learning opportunities to help children understand the world around them
- Be responsive to children’s needs
- Encourage children’s creativity
- Work with families from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, and actively promote diversity
- Work as part of a team
- Engage in outdoor play with children
- At least three passes at National 5, Intermediate 2 or Standard Grade Credit Level or Equivalent; one of these must be English, and/or relevant experience.
- High standard of communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Successful completion of pre interview task(s).
- Commitment and ability to study and achieve SVQ in Social Services Children and Young People SCQF level 7. You must have access to a laptop or computer as all SVQ work is done in an electronic portfolio.
- Be resident in South Lanarkshire or have attended secondary school in South Lanarkshire
If you want to go straight to application click here to take you to the My Job Scotland web-page. You may have to create an account if you do not already have one.
Alternatively, you can speak with Mr McCarthy or Mr Colgan for further details.