|Throughout the week, pupils will meet existing undergraduate and postgraduate students and academic staff within their areas of interest. They will attend academic sessions online, and will also find out more about university life, through talks on student support and finance. Online evening activities will be organised such as a quiz, yoga session, and games night.
Pupils will also have the opportunity to complete our online Academic Skills module. If a pupil subsequently applies to the University of Glasgow, successful completion of the Sutton Trust Summer School and Academic Skills Module could lead to an adjusted offer of entry.
Applications are now open and will close at midday on Tuesday 16th March.
Pupils must Apply via the Sutton Trust.
Pupils will be asked if they meet eligibility criteria, which are a bit broader than the widening participation criteria we normally employ, opening this opportunity up to more pupils. The eligibility criteria are:
• Are studying in S5
• Attend, and have always attended, a state-funded school or college (non-fee paying) in the UK
• Would be in the first generation of their family to attend university
• Have been eligible for free school meals at any point during their secondary schooling
• Attend a school or college with a below-average Higher point score and/or a low rate of progression to higher education
• Live in a neighbourhood with a low rate of progression to higher education and/or a high level of socio-economic deprivation
• Have achieved at least five A or B passes at National 5, and where applicable, taken subjects relevant to the course applied for
• If pupils are (or have been) looked after, accommodated or in care, they only need to meet the age, school and academic requirements
Pupils are not expected to meet all these criteria but should indicate on their application those they think are applicable to them.
Pupils will also be asked to list a teacher as a reference – the teacher will be expected to verify the pupil meets some or all of the criteria listed.
If you have any queries or would like any further information, please contact our Sutton Trust Summer School Co-ordinator Dr Paula Blair on email@example.com