- Construction Opportunities - 11/11/2020 - bmccarthy
Tigers are starting a stage 3 Construction employability group in South Lanarkshire now and are looking for pupils interested in this field.
Interviews are currently in process for an immediate start.
Any pupil interested should speak with Mr McCarthy as a matter of urgency.
Tigers STA Unit 4 Huntershill Village Auchinarin Road Bishopbriggs G64 1RX
- RAF Opportunities - 11/11/2020 - bmccarthy
The RAF are offering a range of opportunities to find out about Apprenticeships and pathways to a career with them.
The Link below offer access to an interactive PDF that has quick links to several online videos including, RAF careers presentation, apprenticeships, benefits, and myth busters. Additionally, it has links to careers, fitness and parents guide brochures.
Click the links on the PDF below to access each of them.View Fullscreen
- 20 Clerical Officer Posts with Glasgow City Council - 20/08/2020 - bmccarthy
Glasgow City Council are advertising for up to 20 Clerical Officers within various locations across the city. If you are interested in applying you will need to be quick as the closing date is 23 August 2020.
To provide clerical admin support to Glasgow Health and Social Care Partnership. Successful applicants will be based across the three locality areas and within city centre based citywide services. Applicants must be able to demonstrate previous administration experience and must have good literacy and numeracy skills, good communication and organisational skills, plus a working knowledge of software packages such as email and other Microsoft Office packages. Training will be provided in relation to service specific software applications. Applicants must be able to plan, organise and complete allocated work within specific deadlines. Previous experience of minute taking is desirable, however training will be provided. Applicants will be expected to work well as part of a team. Applicants must demonstrate a flexible approach to the needs of the service and may at times be required to work from another work location. Successful applicants will require to attend and participate in training, including completion of mandatory on-line training courses/briefings. We are looking for applicants with the ability to deliver excellent customer care in a professional and polite manner while providing a high quality service to our customers. For applicants who previously applied and are awaiting a date for assessment there is no need to re-apply.
Full details on the role can be accessed here.
To apply you should have a minimum of 3 * N5 subjects which must include Maths and English. The full Person Specification can be accessed here.
Applications for these positions will be available through the ‘My Job Scotland’ website. You will have to create an account to do this if you have not already got one. Follow the instructions on how to do so when you click ‘Apply’.
Access the position here: https://myjobscotland.gov.uk/councils/glasgow/jobs/clerical-officer-20-posts-193320
- Graduate Level Apprenticeship - Cyber Security - 20/08/2020 - bmccarthy
Apprenticeship.scot are currently advertising a fantastic Graduate Level Apprenticeship opportunity as a Trainee Technical Support Engineer in Cyber Security.
This position is offered through Westica Communications Ltd, which is an independent UK digital telecommunications equipment manufacturer based in Glasgow, supplying products and services to many organisations in the Emergency Services, Power Utility, Government, Telecom and Oil and Gas sectors in the UK and overseas.
This will be delivered through a blended approach incorporating real working experience and university day release learning.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this is an exciting “hands on” technical role involving desk, lab and field-based activities with a high level of customer contact. As a trainee in the Westica engineering team, the Technical Support Engineer will be expected to learn how to contribute to the network design, build and maintain service that we offer our customers.
As part of your training and development within Westica Communications you will undertake the Graduate Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) Cyber Security at Glasgow Caledonian University commencing in October 2020.
During this apprenticeship you can expect to earn between £17,000 to £20,000 per year.
What will I learn?
Specific Duties of role:
• Become one of the company’s network design experts in customer network design, training, configurations, fault finding etc
• Setup and configure a wide range of communications equipment in the Westica factory and setup customer demonstration networks when required.
• Support customers by answering their technical questions via telephone, e-mail, or in person, and taking part in the company helpdesk rota.
• Travel to customer sites in both UK and overseas to troubleshoot problems, install and commission equipment and project manager install activities. This may require specific customer site training/security clearances for which training will be given.
• Carry out detailed network and RF planning using planning tools after training
• Work with the account team on pre-sales activities, tender responses, etc.
• Work with the account team to ongoing ensure customer satisfaction
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Entry onto the Graduate Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) Cyber Security at Glasgow Caledonian University is 4 Bs in your Highers (or equivalent), including maths
or computing. Or a College HNC or HND in Computing/Networking or Cyber Security.
• Interest in Technology especially networking and security
• Good communication skills
• Commitment to a 4 year development programme
• Motivated and enthusiastic behaviour
Ability to work as part of a close-knit team with personality and knowledge sufficient to build excellent rapport with technical customers
Current driving licence (or plan to get this in near future)
Click here to apply
Alternatively, you can ask your Pupil Support, Mr McCarthy or the Trinity High School Computing Dept for further details and/or advice.
- Police Scotland Open Day - 17/04/2019 - bmccarthy
Police Scotland will be holding their annual open day to raise awareness of available career opportunities and to assist candidates with the application and interview process.
On the day, pupils can expect to meet with Officers from various departments for discussions and advice sessions to help potential candidates find out all they need to know about a career with Police Scotland.
The event will take place at the Police Scotland Training Centre in East Kilbride on Wednesday, 29 May, from 0930-1230.
Any interested pupil should give their name to Mr McCarthy as soon as possible.
- HSBC Offering Customer Service Associate Apprenticeships in 2019 – Hamilton - 15/04/2019 - bmccarthy
HSBC in Hamilton are offering 12 Modern Apprenticeship opportunities as detailed below. Anyone interested can apply by clicking on the link at the end and uploading their CV with optional covering letter. Any pupil who wishes further assistance with this can speak with Mr McCarthy.
Customer Service Associate Apprenticeship 2019 – Hamilton
Hamilton – Contact Centre Level 3 Financial Services Apprenticeship
Working as a Customer Service Advisor you’ll answer calls from our customers and take the hassle out of banking for them. Our customers call us for all sorts of reasons and tell us they want their requests dealing with speed, certainty and empathy, so these are key skills we look for. It could be anything from helping them pay everyday bills to saving for something special. Taking a genuine interest by building rapport and asking open questions is what our customers look for.
This is a full time role. Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential. What we’re really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers. Everything else we can teach you!
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Advisor?
- Engaging with a wide range of customers over the telephone
- Delivering outstanding customer service by successfully responding to questions and queries, showing your passion and dedication along the way
- Identifying suitable products and making recommendations to suit customers’ requirements
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too
- We’re here when our customers need us so you’ll need to be flexible in the hours you work. We operate various shift patterns and our centre is open between 7am and 12am, 7 days a week.
An Apprenticeship with HSBC
- You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Providing Financial Service (equivalent to SCQF Level 6)
- You will achieve a Certificate in Retail Banking Conduct of Business (CertRBCB)
- You will gain satisfaction and self-confidence from knowing your capabilities have been successful assessed against an established national framework
- The professional qualifications behind the Apprenticeship Programme and the experience through the Customer Services role will provide you with a great opportunity to progress your career with us and explore development opportunities that are available to you.
What’s in it for you?
You will continue your learning and development by completing the Level 3 Financial Service Apprenticeship with dedicated learning time. You’ll start on a minimum salary of £17,436 and since we’re passionate about you and career progression, we will ensure you go through a really thorough training programme over your first 12 months. In exchange for this we will ensure you receive incremental pay raises over 12 months that take your salary to a minimum of £18,436 (subject to performance).
From the moment you join our team, on top of a competitive salary, you will also receive the following benefits package:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays – with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family
- A market-leading pension scheme
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- A dress-down policy, so you can come to work dressed how you feel comfortable (within reason!)
- *Pension core contribution of 10% on first £20,100 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over £20,100 plus 7% matching contributions
Hamilton Contact Centre offers great facilities such as an on-site gym, nursery, restaurant, coffee shop and free on-site parking. We have a dedicated team focused on creating an enjoyable working environment and organising regular social events.
We also offer a free shuttle bus for all employees to and from the following train stations: Blantyre and Motherwell and also Hamilton Bus station and Burnbank Bus stop. The service runs throughout our opening hours and coincides with when shifts start and finish to make your journey easier.
To be successful, you will:
Have minimum 5 N5’s (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics at Grade C/6 or above.
Candidates with international qualifications, please apply for an equivalency certificate from Naric before completing your application. Please follow the link to apply for the equivalency certificate:
Submitted applications without an equivalency certificate risk automatic rejection or significant delays in application processing
- A genuine passion to deliver a superior customer experience
- Have a desire to deliver a personalised, friendly and efficient service at all times
- Have strong communication skills so you have effective conversations with customers and build professional rapport with anyone
- Seek to continuously improve and learn, and be willing to complete some studying outside of working hours
- Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential.
Due to the nature of our Apprenticeship we will only accept applications from candidates who do not have a finance related qualification above level 3 and/or have not completed a level 3 apprenticeship in financial services.
Successful applicants must enrol and complete the Apprenticeship programme
Do you want a career rather than just a job? Then join HSBC, a truly global organisation.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Too apply email CV’s to email@example.com or call us on 0141 353 0100
Look at what we offer at National 3, 4 and 5 levels:
Accounting (Nat 5 only)
Each of the above subjects can be progressed to Higher Level.