- Police Scotland Open Day - 17/04/2019 - bmccarthy
Police Scotland will be holding their annual open day to raise awareness of available career opportunities and to assist candidates with the application and interview process.
On the day, pupils can expect to meet with Officers from various departments for discussions and advice sessions to help potential candidates find out all they need to know about a career with Police Scotland.
The event will take place at the Police Scotland Training Centre in East Kilbride on Wednesday, 29 May, from 0930-1230.
Any interested pupil should give their name to Mr McCarthy as soon as possible.
- HSBC Offering Customer Service Associate Apprenticeships in 2019 – Hamilton - 15/04/2019 - bmccarthy
HSBC in Hamilton are offering 12 Modern Apprenticeship opportunities as detailed below. Anyone interested can apply by clicking on the link at the end and uploading their CV with optional covering letter. Any pupil who wishes further assistance with this can speak with Mr McCarthy.
Customer Service Associate Apprenticeship 2019 – Hamilton
Hamilton – Contact Centre Level 3 Financial Services Apprenticeship
Working as a Customer Service Advisor you’ll answer calls from our customers and take the hassle out of banking for them. Our customers call us for all sorts of reasons and tell us they want their requests dealing with speed, certainty and empathy, so these are key skills we look for. It could be anything from helping them pay everyday bills to saving for something special. Taking a genuine interest by building rapport and asking open questions is what our customers look for.
This is a full time role. Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential. What we’re really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers. Everything else we can teach you!
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Advisor?
- Engaging with a wide range of customers over the telephone
- Delivering outstanding customer service by successfully responding to questions and queries, showing your passion and dedication along the way
- Identifying suitable products and making recommendations to suit customers’ requirements
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too
- We’re here when our customers need us so you’ll need to be flexible in the hours you work. We operate various shift patterns and our centre is open between 7am and 12am, 7 days a week.
An Apprenticeship with HSBC
- You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Providing Financial Service (equivalent to SCQF Level 6)
- You will achieve a Certificate in Retail Banking Conduct of Business (CertRBCB)
- You will gain satisfaction and self-confidence from knowing your capabilities have been successful assessed against an established national framework
- The professional qualifications behind the Apprenticeship Programme and the experience through the Customer Services role will provide you with a great opportunity to progress your career with us and explore development opportunities that are available to you.
What’s in it for you?
You will continue your learning and development by completing the Level 3 Financial Service Apprenticeship with dedicated learning time. You’ll start on a minimum salary of £17,436 and since we’re passionate about you and career progression, we will ensure you go through a really thorough training programme over your first 12 months. In exchange for this we will ensure you receive incremental pay raises over 12 months that take your salary to a minimum of £18,436 (subject to performance).
From the moment you join our team, on top of a competitive salary, you will also receive the following benefits package:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays – with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family
- A market-leading pension scheme
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- A dress-down policy, so you can come to work dressed how you feel comfortable (within reason!)
- *Pension core contribution of 10% on first £20,100 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over £20,100 plus 7% matching contributions
Hamilton Contact Centre offers great facilities such as an on-site gym, nursery, restaurant, coffee shop and free on-site parking. We have a dedicated team focused on creating an enjoyable working environment and organising regular social events.
We also offer a free shuttle bus for all employees to and from the following train stations: Blantyre and Motherwell and also Hamilton Bus station and Burnbank Bus stop. The service runs throughout our opening hours and coincides with when shifts start and finish to make your journey easier.
To be successful, you will:
Have minimum 5 N5’s (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics at Grade C/6 or above.
Candidates with international qualifications, please apply for an equivalency certificate from Naric before completing your application. Please follow the link to apply for the equivalency certificate:
Submitted applications without an equivalency certificate risk automatic rejection or significant delays in application processing
- A genuine passion to deliver a superior customer experience
- Have a desire to deliver a personalised, friendly and efficient service at all times
- Have strong communication skills so you have effective conversations with customers and build professional rapport with anyone
- Seek to continuously improve and learn, and be willing to complete some studying outside of working hours
- Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential.
Due to the nature of our Apprenticeship we will only accept applications from candidates who do not have a finance related qualification above level 3 and/or have not completed a level 3 apprenticeship in financial services.
Successful applicants must enrol and complete the Apprenticeship programme
Do you want a career rather than just a job? Then join HSBC, a truly global organisation.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Too apply email CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0141 353 0100