Arnold Clark are introducing a brand new fast-track programme into an apprenticeship, which is now open up to female students across South Lanarkshire.
Over the last few months the DYW Lanarkshire has been working closely with Arnold Clark on their Girls with Skills project.
This initiative has been created to recruit more females into apprenticeships in Arnold Clark and will allow students to bypass the normal application process for apprenticeships.
This pilot programme with Arnold Clark requires talented and motivated female students, who will be a good fit for the programme as spaces on the programme are limited.
The programme will consist of two stages:
- Pupils will be invited to an interactive full day session at Arnold Clark’s GTG training centre where they can experience basic mechanical tasks, meet apprentices and take part in a technical skills test.
- Pupils will then take part in a week’s work experience at an Arnold Clark branch of their choice.
Following on from this, they’ll be invited back to Arnold Clark for a celebration event with friends and family. Here they’ll find out if they’ve been successful in securing a full-time apprenticeship starting in September 2019.
Dates for your diary
- Stage 1: Tuesday 19th March at GTG Training, 1330 South Street, Glasgow, G14 0BJ
- Stage 2: Week’s work experience: May, however Arnold Clark can be flexible on this
- Celebration event: Thursday 20th June at GTG Training, 1330 South Street, Glasgow, G14 0BJ
- Apprenticeship begins: September 2019
You can find out more about the programme here: www.arnoldclark.com/girls-with-skills
- Age 16 or over
- Keen to learn
- Must have achieved or working towards National 4 in Maths and English
Spaces on the programme are limited and will fill up fast so only pupils who are willing to follow the programme through, and are keen on a mechanical career should apply as there are only 10 spaces for the whole region, North & South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire.
First come basis will apply for referrals, students names must be received by no later than Monday 18th February to take part in the pilot of this programme.