- Leith School of Art Open Day - 08/02/2022 - bmccarthy
OPEN DAYS – TERM 2 2021/22
Leith School of Art are now advertising their open days for 2022.
The Open Days are a fantastic opportunity to see work that is being made on the courses within the School, speak to current students and view examples of successful portfolios that past students have used to gain access to some of the top art colleges in the UK. We also offer Portfolio Reviews by appointment where prospective students can bring their work and have it reviewed by one of our tutors in advance of their application. To book a review please contact the school on 0131 554 5761. Please note that portfolio reviews will only be offered on the 16 February and not during the Open Evening.
Applications for our Foundation Course are now open for 2022/23. For more information please visit our website www.LeithSchoolofArt.co.uk.
- Strathclyde University's Accelerate Programme - 21/05/2021 - bmccarthy
Monday 21 st to Friday 25 th June 2021
Want to find out more about the career you would like to follow?
Interested in finding out what it’s like to study at university?
Want to boost your chances of success in the future?
Held at the University of Strathclyde, ‘Accelerate’ is a week-long programme for pupils at the end of S4 and S5. Through a series of group activities, you will be able to find out more about the career you are interested in following. There are five courses that you can choose from, depending on what you might like to study after school:
• Chemical Engineering
• Computer Science
• Electronic & Electrical Engineering (EEE)
• Product Design
Led by current university student mentors, you and your team will complete our exciting five day challenge programme, as well as attending career workshops and getting a chance to see what student life is like.
Accelerate 2021 will be run virtually on Microsoft Teams. What’s in it for you?
• Find out about the different areas of the career you would like to follow
• Discover what studying and working in your chosen field is really like
• Discuss your career and academic options with professionals and university staff
• Meet new friends and work with current University students
Feedback from previous participants:
“I think it is a brilliant way to open your eyes to real university life.”
“I really enjoyed this week as it allowed me to meet new people and learn new things. I also learned a lot about university courses and following careers after a degree.”
“A fun-filled week and a great way to make friends.”
“The mentors are just fantastic, always there to help us and are very friendly.”
“I think it is a great opportunity and has really helped me to figure out my career path.”
For further info, visit: https://www.strath.ac.uk/professionalservices/sees/wideningaccess
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff & Subjects
- Faculty of Art / Craft & Design / Health & Food Technology
- Faculty of Business / Computing Science / ICT
- Faculty of Performing Arts
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Social Subjects
- Modern Languages
- Physical Education
- Religious & Moral Education
- Support for Learning
- Senior Leadership Team
- News & Events
- Clubs & Sports
- Our Community
- Our School
- Welcome to Trinity!
- Around our School
- Free School Meals
- Health Promoting School
- School Policies
- Facts & Figures
- Parent Council
- Exam Support
- Pupil Council
- Pupil Support Structure
- School Rules
- School Uniform
- The School Day
- Standards and Quality Report 2020-21
- School Recovery Improvement Plan 2020-21
- SLC Standards & Quality Report 2018-19