Strathclyde University are currently accepting applications for a Business Administration Modern Apprenticeship. You need to be quick as applications are to be completed by Sunday December 04. The details are as follows:
Modern Apprentice: Business Administration (HASS)
|School:||Social Work and Social Policy|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (www.strath.ac.uk/humanities/)|
|Staff Category||Administrative and Professional||Reference No||99014|
|Reports To||Support Team Manager||Grade||YT71|
|Salary Range||First year £10,512: Second year £12,481||Contract Type||Fixed Term (24 months)|
|FTE||1 (35 hours/week)||Closing Date||Sunday, 3 December 2017|
The Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) support staffing is Faculty wide. It comprises a large, dynamic team which is grouped into support teams that support the Schools within the Faculty. These Schools are located in different areas across the campus. Delivery of services will require enthusiasm, personal responsibility and initiative. We are currently looking for a Modern Apprentice to be based within the School of Social Work and Social Policy of the Faculty of HASS. The post holder will be supervised on a daily basis by the Support Team Manager and will report to the Faculty Manager. The postholder will provide clerical and administrative support to the School across a broad range of administrative activities that underpin the general operation of the Faculty. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a busy, office environment and supporting both staff and students. Please note that as a result of funding rules, Modern Apprentices must start the scheme before their 20th birthday.
Brief Outline of Job: The post holder will provide clerical and administrative support to the School Support Team across a broad range of administrative activities that underpin the general operation of the Faculty. This will include courses support, committee meeting support, organisation of meetings and events and supporting the organisation and running of Boards of Examiners.
1. Act as a first point of contact for the Support Team, which will necessitate dealing with a range of enquiries from staff and students, offering advice and information where required and passing on enquiries outwith the post holder’s knowledge base to appropriate individuals.
2. Provide support for meetings and events that may involve multiple participants in accordance with the activities of the Team.
3. Drafting memos, email and letters on behalf of the administrative staff.
4. Carrying out tasks such as: database entry; processing of forms and notices (e.g. invoices, orders, application forms) following set procedures.
5. Provision of organisational support within the Team including, for example, photocopying, scanning, booking rooms, the place of useful learning 99014 The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC015263 2 distribution of mail, filing, and maintaining stationery etc. on a regular basis.
6. Handling office mail, including dispatch and receipt, and maintenance of distribution lists
7. Ensure compliance with relevant internal and external policies and procedures 8. Other duties as required in support of the Faculty Support Team and consistent with the grade and the workload.
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications (E=Essential, i.e. a candidate must meet all essential criteria to be considered for selection, D=Desirable)
E.1 Minimum of 4 National 5s at C or above, which must include English, Maths and Administration/Computing
D.1 Passes in Higher Grade Administration, English, Mathematics Experience
D.2 Work experience involving administration and/or customer service
D.3 Work experience showing positive, self-starter approach
D.4 Work experience displaying evidence of team working of various types/levels Job Related Skills and Achievements
E.2 Good IT skills
E.3 Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
E.4 Excellent customer service skills, both face-to-face and via telephone
E.5 Good written and numeracy skills with attention to detail Personal Attributes
E.6 Polite, friendly manner
E.7 Good self-presentation
E.8 Ability/potential to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
E.9 Motivated self-starter, who is keen to develop their skills in administration
Applicants are required to complete an application form including the name of two referees who will be contacted before interview without further permission, unless you indicate that you would prefer otherwise. Applicants should also complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Further information on the application process and working at Strathclyde can be found on our website HERE . Informal enquiries about the post can be directed to Susan Lynch, Modern Apprentice co-ordinator (email@example.com).
Conditions of employment relating to the Modern Apprentice staff category can be found at: Conditions of Employment.
Probation: Where applicable, the successful applicant will be required to serve a 6 month probationary period.
Pension: The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding this scheme is available from Payroll and Pensions.
Interviews: Formal interviews for this post will be held on Wednesday, 13 December 2017