The following Modern Apprenticeship Vacancy is now open for Applications:
Modern Apprentice Finance Assistant – Management Accounts (Dykebar, Paisley)
What are they looking for?
NHS are recruiting a Modern Apprentice to train as a Finance Assistant, supporting the Management Accounts team based at Dykebar Hospital on the outskirts of Paisley.
You’ll work closely with dynamic and enthusiastic professionals who are committed to making a difference. You will get to see how a complex organisation works, solve problems, and get to add value to key health services. You will also be able to build a range of transferable skills.
This is a busy and fast paced role, particularly around month end deadlines. The majority of time is spent using a PC inputting and analysing figures.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to some or all of the following:
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts and assist in investigation of reports.
- Creation of financial spreadsheets in excel.
- Input of financial data into spreadsheets and databases
- Assist the management accountant in preparation and distribution of monthly management reports.
- Respond to routine financial queries via email, telephone calls and face to face conversations.
The successful completion of the Training programme will result in you achieving the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Advanced Diploma.
More information on this vacancy and a full Job Description can be found in the Candidate Information Pack available from the NHS website
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer. They welcome applications from disabled people, minority ethnic groups, those who are care experienced* and from LGBT+ applicants.
At the time of submitting your application you must already hold 3 Higher Qualifications at Grades A to C, two of which must be in Maths and a Business/IT/Science subjects and National 5 at grade A to C in English, or the SCQF equivalents.
These vacancies are aligned to the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Modern Apprenticeship Programme and therefore only open to those applicants aged 16 to 24 years (or 16 to 29 years for Disabled Applicants or applicants who are care experienced*), in line with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde’s Widening Access to Employment Strategy and workforce projections.
* Care experienced applicants are people who live/have lived with foster parents/kinship carers or who live/have lived in a residential children’s setting/secure unit. If this describes you please indicate this in your supporting statement.
For full details and to apply visit the NHS website https://www.nhsggc.org.uk/302603
Closing date Noon on Monday 7th September 2020