Update 05/02/21

I hope this latest update finds you and your family well.

You will no doubt be aware, that the First Minister announced that identified pupils are likely to return to school from 22 February. For our school this is likely to be on a very limited basis for senior pupils to complete practical work for National Qualifications.

The Scottish Government will confirm the final decision on this in 2 weeks. As a school, we are already working on our plans to make sure that our phased return creates the right conditions for young people to achieve their full potential with SQA qualifications. In addition, we have welcomed the extended deadline of 18 June for SQA estimates. We will continue to provide you with ongoing relevant SQA updates.

As we approach the February holiday (8, 9 and 10 February 2021), I would like to thank you for your ongoing support with your child’s online learning. I am aware this can be challenging, difficult and great all in the same day!

However, I would encourage you to try to keep your child fully engaged in all classes when we return after the break. In particular, if you child is in S4-S6 their engagement with remote learning will influence certification. I cannot stress enough the importance of ongoing engagement with their classes. As more details are released in the coming weeks, I will keep you updated.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks for all the kind words and well wishes that I have received since announcing my retirement last week.

Thank you for your continued support at this time.  Take care and continue to stay safe.

Peter Bollen

Top
Close Box

To register, you must have a school email.

Please enter your username or email address.
You will receive a link to reset the password via email.