SDS Career Services
Information for Leavers
SDS will be delivering a webinar on Tuesday 2 June at 3.00pm. It is targeted at all potential senior phase leavers and the attached invitation is being sent out directly to them from today. The live webinar will highlight how Skills Development Scotland are still here to help during this challenging time. Details below:
School Leavers Webinar
A fun & informative series of short 30 minute webinars to support you with the next steps of your career journey!
We understand everyone is facing challenges just now and your plans may have changed or seem unclear due to the current situation. We want to let you know we are still here to help and provide you with the career information and guidance you need for your future.
Join our advisers, Hilary & Erin for our first session on Tuesday 2nd June at 3pm as they take a look at:
- Acknowledging the current situation
- Looking at the positives
- What skills could come from this?
- Understanding how Skills Development Scotland can help you
- Learn about the future sessions we will be running
- Some actions & links to resources that you can do yourself
- You can also get involved through the poll questions and comments
Click the link to join – JOIN CAREERJAM SESSION 1
We hope you can join us!
The My World Of Work website from Skills Development Scotland now links to vast numbers of free online university courses.
The courses are open to anyone and can be browsed here.
Our SDS Careers Service is still available to pupils via email. Agata can be contacted by emailing: Agata.Swiderska@sds.co.uk
Other useful resources:
- My Brighter Future – SLCs Guide to Youth Employability
- My World of Work: The MWOW webpage has information to help support secondary pupils during covid-19. All pupils have had the opportunity to create a MWOW account during PSHE this year so they should be familiar with the site and how to access it. https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/pupils
Lanarkshire Carers Centre
Lanarkshire Carers Centre continue to offer information, advice and support for carers at this time, including specific information on autism related training. The best way to get the most up to date information is to sign up for their newsletter which is issued regularly, providing useful information. They can be contacted in a manner of ways:
Phone: 01698 428090 and 01236 755550
- Family Leaflet – supporting children in unsettled times
- Additional support needs – signpost of resources
- Advice for helping children, young people and their families manage their anxiety about COVID-19 – (Published 19/03/20 prior to current restrictions)
- Key websites to support mental health and wellbeing
- Supporting Children and Young People during COVID-19 | NHS GGC
- SAMH Coronavirus information hub
- Camglen Community Support Group: https://camglencovid.gaapdigital.co.uk/
- Physical Activity information from Public Health Scotland
- SLC Community Help-line for anyone who needs a little help during the Covid-19 situation. Tel: 0303 123 1009