TIGERS in conjunction with VHE Construction are currently offering an opportunity for 2 General Operative Construction apprentices.
Based in Rutherglen, your hours of work will be approx 40-46 hours per week (site dependant), between Mon-Thurs 7.30am – 5.30pm and Friday 7.30am -4pm, for which you can expect a weekly wage of £156.
What is expected of you?
The key tasks of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling the Construction Operatives responsibilities as laid down in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy
- To complete ‘on the job’ training whilst being Supervised.
- To erect and maintain all fencing.
- To assist in the setting up of pumps and other equipment.
- To assist in the excavating by hand, the laying of liners and other equipment.
- To maintain all tools and equipment.
- Ensuring that the site compound and areas are suitable stocked with items for welfare requirements.
- To assist in the sweeping and digging on site.
- Ensuring that works are executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation.
- The Terms and Conditions of the contract.
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan.
- The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets.
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan.
- The approved Works Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets.
- The approved Construction Drawings and Specification.
- The Policies and Procedures contained within the Company Business Management System.
- Ensure that all company Health &Safety, Environmental requirements are adhered to.
This opportunity is open to all recent school leavers and those who are considering or intending to leave.
If you require further details regarding these opportunities please speak with Mr McCarthy.